Built in 1914 for Arney Robertson and family (H A Robertson later developed Redwood Park).
In 1937 Milan Babic Yozin put a deposit on this property, as well as leasing the adjoining railway land.
The house is still owned by the Yozin family and one of Milan’s daughters lives here.
Milan was very active in the Swanson community and always took an interest in what was happening. In 1952 he was the first president and founder of the Swanson Indoor Bowling Club, and later became a life member. As a member of the Swanson Primary School committee he made himself available for working bees for a number of years, including the creation of a flat playing field.
As a result of heavy smoking and ignorance of the effects of farm spray chemicals, Milan was diagnosed with lung cancer in 1972. He died three years later at 65.
This unusual dwelling is a flat roof timber house, clad in weatherboard. It has a covered veranda, and is detailed with fancy fretwork and timber casement windows with lead-lights. Mrs. O’Meara is remembered as living here but we are not sure if she was the first owner of the house. John and Elizabeth O’Meara arrived in the mid-1890s and the Read more...