The garage and house behind were built by Doug G Mattson in 1947 with the business called Mattson’s Garage.
In the late 1950s Mr Linton took over the garage and house until 1962 when the property was split into two titles. The garage, renamed Swanson Motors, was bought by Clevan Holdings Ltd. During that time it was leased by Bill Simpson (1974), Jerry Gaskin (1981) and Les Fuller (1986).
In 1988 Hans and Ruth Boere sub-leased the workshop from Les Fuller under the name of Candia Automotive. Hans was apprenticed to Bill Simpson and as a hobby raced midgets at Western Springs. The pumps were still under the name of Swanson Motors and leased out by Les Fuller to David Harvey (1989-1991), Horst Roeiki (1991-1992). In 1993 Candia Automotive purchased the building and land.
The pumps were leased out to Brian Fowlie (1993-1994),and Ken Colquhoun (1994 onwards) and the name changed to Millar Motors.
Rugged Determination, p152
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.